This category contains the weapons used in Westworld, those used by guests, hosts, and staff.
According to the official DiscoverWestWorld.com website...
|“||Westworld wouldn’t be as thrilling if the guns weren’t loaded. Humans can be shot, but you are under no serious risk of injury or death; our guns feature low-velocity technology which feels closer to paintballs than bullets. You will either get better at ducking or grow accustomed to the impact.
You won’t be in any physical danger at Westworld, though the further you get from Sweetwater, the rowdier things can get. The park only has one rule: You cannot hurt another human, but the hosts are fair game.
Within the confines of the park, you will never be in any risk of bodily harm. In fact, our Good Samaritan reflexes as good as guarantee it.
This seems to imply that even the knives have safety-technology built into them which protects humans. And if you were to wield a rock or stick towards another human, the hosts around you would interrupt their narratives to protect the humans as "good samaritans"...
One other hint about knives was provided when Stubbs, the head of security, talks about guests sneaking in pocket knives. If machetes and giant knives were all around the park, then why would a pocket knife be a concern? Obviously, the knives in the park are not the same as normal knives.
If you'd like to add a new weapon, use the drop down menu at the top right, marked "Contribute" and choose "Add a page". Don't forget to add the category "Weapons" at the bottom of the page when you're done. Copy the format of an existing page if possible. There's an example page in the Style Guide.
Lots of information available on the weapons used in Westworld at the IMFDB here, but please don't just copy and paste text. Add some value if you can, draw information from other sources as well as IMFDB.
We need articles on several weapons, if you're interested, red links are articles that don't exist yet:
- 1 Weapons used in the parks' narratives
- 2 Weapons used by Delos personnel in the parks as well as the outside world
- 3 Weapons used outside the parks
Weapons used in the parks' narratives
- Ax - used by Ghost Nation
- Bayonet - used by the Confederados in Westworld and the SS in Warworld
- Boning knife - used by Maeve at the Mariposa Saloon & Hotel
- Bowie knife - ubiquitous knife for the outdoors in Westworld; used by the Man in Black, Armistice, et al
- Cavalry swords - seen worn by Union and Confederados hosts, not seen used in fighting
- Hunting knife - ubiquitous knife for the outdoors in Westworld;
- Katana - traditional Japanese longsword, used often in Shōgunworld (Musashi, Maeve, et al)
- Kōgai - used by Akane in Shōgunworld
- Kukri - traditional Indian and Nepalese curved knife, used as a military and hunting sidearm in The Raj
- Kunai - used by ninjas in Shōgunworld
- Kusarigama - used by ninjas in Shōgunworld
- Naginata - Japanese polearm from Shōgunworld, used by the Shōgun's army
- Scimitar - seen in the Mesa during Maeve's rescue of Lee Sizemore from the Gold Miner Host
- Sodegarami - Japanese combination polearm (military fork/long-hafted mace) from Shōgunworld, used by Musashi during his introduction (historically used as a law enforcement weapon, Musashi seems to have stolen it from local authorities, for which he is chastised)
- Spear - used by Ghost Nation
- Sword - seen in the Mesa with Stubbs
- Tantō - Japanese short sword from Shōgunworld, used by ninjas
- Tiger claw - used by ninjas in Shōgunworld
- Yari - Japanses polearm from Shōgunworld, used by the Shōgun's army
- Bow and arrow - Used by Ghost Nation Native American hosts in Westworld and Japanese hosts in Shōgunworld
- Colt Model 1917
- Luger LP08 - Long-barreled "Artillery" model - Used by Emily in The Raj and SS in Warworld
- Remington Model 1875
- Remington Model 1890
- Beretta Model 70 - used by Maeve Millay in Warworld
- Browning Hi-Power - used by Maeve Millay and Hector Escaton in Warworld
- Colt Single Action Army
- Single Action Army Artillery Model (5.5" barrel) - In the TV series, this is Teddy's preferred sidearm, also used by Emily while in Westworld, and by Westworld guest Craig. In the original 1973 film, this was the sidearm of protagonists John and Peter and one other male visitor to Westworld.
- Single Action Army Cavalry Model (7.5" barrel) - Dolores' main sidearm in the TV series, both in her original host role, and as eventual leader of the host revolution. Also the sidearm of The Gunslinger in the original film and its sequel.
- Single Action Army Quickdraw Model (4.75" barrel) - Used by host civilians and some visitors in the TV series.
- Colt 1860 Army
- Colt 1851 Navy
- LeMat 1861 - a modern, modified replica of the historical revolver is used by the Man in Black, as his signature handgun
- Smith & Wesson Model 3 Schofield - Given to Phil by Teddy
- Webley Mk II - Briefly seen in The Raj
- Remington 1866 Derringer
- Flintlock pistol
- Gatling Gun - An early, crank-operated machine gun, from the second half of the 19th century. Used in Westworld for support fire by both and Union and Confederado soldiers, usually carried on wagons. While held prisoner at a Union camp along with the Man in Black, Teddy commandeers and uses a Gatling Gun in order to free himself and his companion.
- Browning M1917
- Henry 1860 - Seen throughout Season One and Season Two in Westworld, usually carried by hosts.
- Springfield 1873 Trapdoor Carbine - Seen at various points in Season One and Season Two, most prominently by Lawrence in the episode Trompe L'Oeil.
- Winchester Model 1866 "Yellow Boy" - A lever rifle, one of the first successfully mass-produced and commercially successful repeating rifles of the 19th century. Nicknamed because of the characteristic yellow plating of its receiver. Used mainly by minor or recurring characters in the TV series, particularly Marti in Season One, who wields the rifle during her stay at the park. One of the hosts uses it to attack the Man in Black in the Season Two episode Journey into Night.
- Winchester Model 1873 - The successor to the Model 1866, the 1873 is a very common rifle type throughout Westworld. It is frequently seen in the hands of various host and human characters alike.
- Winchester Model 1873 "Mare's Leg" - Hector's signature firearm, a shortened and otherwise modified version of the standard Model 1873. Though it is a historically anachronistic weapon, it has rich ties to many Western films and TV series produced in the second half of the 20th century, and remains a popular "gimmick gun".
- Winchester Model 1892 - One of the later models of the classic repeating Winchester rifles,
- Winchester Model 1887 - The shotgun used by Armistice during the saloon heist in the Season One episode The Original and later in Season Two as well. (Specifically, a somewhat modified Winchester Model 1887/1901.)
- Winchester Model 1897 - Seen in the episode The Original, carried in a bundle along with other firearms by Hector's and Armistice's gang. Armistice also wields it during the episode Phase Space.
- 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun - Maeve uses one in her memories of defending her daughter and her old homestead. A shortened version (possibly a 1878 Charles Parker shotgun) is used by Emily for self-defence in The Raj.
- Colt Model 1878 shotgun - A shorter-barelled shotgun, popular as a "coach gun" (for wagon or carriage defence). In the original film, carried by the stagecoach crew and also seen stored at the sheriff's office. In the TV series, it is seen carried by one of the soldiers of a Union wagon crew in the Season One episode Contrapasso. The weapon makes appearances in Season Two as well.
- Cannon - Used by the Union Army and the Confederados
- Explosive cigar - Used by the Man in Black in Ojal Prison
- Nitroglycerin - Used by the Union Army, the Confederados and the Revolutionaries
- Tank - Used by the Nazis in Warworld
Weapons used by Delos personnel in the parks as well as the outside world
- Beretta Px4 Storm Compact - Used by Stubbs, head of security
- Beretta U22 Neos - Used by Clementine
- Glock 17 - Used by Delos Military Contractors
- SIG-Sauer P250 Compact - Used by Martin Connells
- Kel-Tec KSG - A modern pump-action shotgun, with dual tube magazines located under the barrel. Used by Engels in Season Two episodes.
Personal defense weapons
- MG42 - Used by SS in Warworld
Weapons used outside the parks
All items (44)