The human-host hybrids is a developing technology being tested in Westworld.
The hybrid project consists of imprinting human's developed mind onto a control unit, then inserting the control unit into a host body. The project's testing lasted 30 years, and have never succeeded. The devoloped human mind can only last for a short period of time before falling apart (record: 35 days). The symptoms include uncontrollable twitches, speech impediments and violent outbursts. One known test subject - James Delos, was built, and quickly deteriorated, then incinerated for 149 times.
One way to distinguish hybrids from hosts is the color of their control units, hosts have black control units and hybrids have red ones.
- James Delos (builds 1-149) - being tested over the course of 30 years at Lab 12
- Robert Ford - made a copy of himself, then uploaded himself onto the Cradle, later shared a control unit with Bernard. Eventually deleted by Bernard
- William - being tested in the ruins of the Forge
- Over 4 million guests.
Known Testing FacilitiesEdit
- Lab 12 - used for the testing of hybrid James Delos
- Lab 14 - used to gather guests' data
- The Forge - used to store guests' data